Baking is easy!
To Bake a Paw Print:
- Prints should always be baked in a well-ventilated oven and area and for best results bake within 4 weeks.
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 275º F (135º C). (For altitudes above 5,000 feet, increase temperature to 295º F.) Please use a separate oven thermometer to be sure your oven’s temperature is accurate.
- Place your print in a clean, ungreased baking dish and place in your preheated oven or toaster oven to bake for 20 minutes. The print will not look any different after it is baked properly. Baking simply “sets” the impression so it is permanently preserved. Do not bake in a microwave oven.
- Remove the baking dish promptly from your oven and allow the print to cool to room temperature before touching. Your print will continue to harden as it cools. After the print has cooled, gently work a spatula under the edge of the print to loosen. It’s normal for your print to seem “stuck” to the dish but, once it is cooled, your print will easily “pop” loose.
- If desired, finish the print with decorations like ribbons*, finishing glaze*, or items that can be glued to the surface. If you paint your print, please use 100% water-based acrylic paint. Please do not use any kind of aerosol spray.
- Baked clay may be carved or sanded.
- Prints may be displayed in a variety of ways including hanging or table-top display easels*, shadow boxes, or frames.
*Craft Oven, Ribbons, Finishing Glaze, Display Easels and other items available in our online store.
For answers to more questions visit our FAQ page!
Considering using ClayPaws Kits, but not sure about baking? Remember…
Baking is the Strength of ClayPaws Prints!
Choosing ClayPaws Kits means providing the highest-quality, longest-lasting paw print mementos for your clients! We want to remind you how positively this reflects on your clinic. They will always remember the compassionate, skilled support you offered them during their time of loss making them more likely to remain loyal to your clinic with the care of future pets.
Pet parents tell us they keep their ClayPaws prints in a purse, their car, take them to work, and some even sleep with them under their pillow at night. Baked ClayPaws prints last forever and keep the bond with their pet alive for them.
Kneading + Baking = Forever!
Our proprietary formula ClayPaws Clay is a polymer-based modeling compound. Kneading evenly distributes the oils in the clay; baking solidifies the bonds, making the impression truly permanent.
Once it is baked, ClayPaws® Clay…
- preserves great paw details
- is permanent and shatterproof
- is made to be touched and held
- will not shrink, crack or curl
No other clay results in such a lasting, personalized keepsake!
We know you have other options when choosing pet memorial products, but none of them capture the love for your clients like a ClayPaws® print.
- Air dry clays can shrink 5-15% on average during the drying process!
- Air dry clays are likely to continue to deteriorate over time, leading to cracking and curling with little chance of repair.
- Foam print options never harden and the containers that protect them make it
impossible for pet parents to hold or touch to feel connected to their beloved pet.
Products to help with baking: